Wednesday, February 2, 2011

No Tonsils for Q



Christmas was great...simple and fairly easy when you plan for months! Santa Spent big bucks on a jeep for Quincy and Paxton. Santa got off easy and brought Finn a telescope and soccer goals! Most of our gifts were handmade or second hand or bought well in advance. Alvin got me a vaccuum, and I love it! Finn Wrestled the past few months. I love it because it's affordable and makes him exhausted. They only had one tournament and they wrestled a team that was hardcore. He didn't win either of his 2 matches, but he didn't get pinned either (one was against a girl).
Our big news is that Quincy is getting his tonsils and adnoids removed on Tuesday. I recently read an article suggesting a connection between children diagnosed with behavior problems and sleep apnea. I have said since his behavior started that he seemed like he wasn't getting enough sleep. He snores like me and I am 40 and overweight! His tonsils are huge and they stay the same size always (sick or healthy). We went to see a few doctors and both agreed that they needed to go eventually, and it's easier younger. And hopefully behaviors can still be changed!

Think of us as we will be eating lots of ice cream and popsicles next week!

3 comments:

  1. I'm so glad the dr. said they need to come out. He'll be a happier guy when he recovers!

    What kind of vacuum did you get?

    Sorry I didn't come visit you in January...
    I'll give you a call and see when we can come this month.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I got a dyson. Actually Alvin bought me one from costco, but I returned it and bought one with a ball because they are much lighter and more maneuverable.

    No worries about the visit.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cool on the Dyson. I love my Oreck, but I'd get a Dyson next time . . . my Oreck has a 21 year warranty so I'll be sixty before I need to buy a new one if they can keep it running.

    Keeping Q in good thoughts . . . hope he's mending nicely. Them were honkin' tonsils. ;)

    ReplyDelete