Sunday, August 29, 2010

School Lunches?

It's that time of year...school is starting! I feel terrible for saying this, but I CAN'T WAIT.

I was talking to a friend of mine today about brown bagging lunches. Finn always takes a lunch and usually buys milk. However, often, I find myself laying in bed, wondering what the heck I am going to pack for lunch. Do you do this too? I bet you do!

So, please leave a comment with some of your great lunch ideas. Wednesday, when Finn is at school, I will repost all your comments and toss in a few of my own.

This year is going to be a great one...at least for Finn's lunches!

5 comments:

  1. Banana Hot Dogs (spread pb&/or jelly on the bun then add a banana. You can top it with crushed cereal or choc chips etc to hide the browning)

    Sushi Rolls - Roll your bread flat and put same ingred as aboe in then slice. You can also add any other sandwich fillings/meats and do the same thing.

    You can make the above sandwhiches with pizza sauce and string cheese too.

    Cold Cereal - send milk or buy milk.

    Pizza Rolls. Make like cinnamon rolls but add your favorite pizza toppings, bbq chicken, brocolli, turkey and cheese etc. Then slice and bake. They freeze great and they are yummy.

    Homemade lunchables. I've used turkey pepporoni, crackers and sliced string cheese.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sarah, those ideas sound great! PB&J is Ben's standard. He also likes tuna, send an ice pack with it. Hummus and veggies is good, too. We're not very creative, sorry!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so happy for the above ideas! I am not creative either. Standard, sandwich, chips,treat, fruit and drink are what I go for.

    ReplyDelete
  4. C'mon guys . . . no more ideas? I forgot to mention that we do hard boiled eggs (I peel them ahead of time).

    For the thermos: soup, mac&cheese and hot chocolate in the winter.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Make ahead pb&j sandwhiches. Make them and put them back in the bread bag then in the freezer. A week or two worth of lunch. They thaw before lunchtime.

    ReplyDelete