Sunday, April 4, 2010

Easter!

Alvin's gone, again! And we had to opportunity to go with him to Utah, but choose to stay home, in hopes we'd have nice weather and do a little stay-cationing! And we didn't have good weather, but then Utah had snow, so we are sad to say, we didn't have an exciting spring break. But Alvin is going to be later getting back than he had hoped which means I would have had to drive back alone with the kids, or Finn and Quincy would have missed most of next week too!

The beginning of the week, we worked on switching rooms, Again! Alvin hates this task and so I keep doing it when he is away. I've moved all the boys to the big room, and that keeps them, their toys and their noise away from most of the house. They are really excited about the change and the twins really like sleeping with their big brother.

Thursday, we went over to some friends house, but cut our trip short when I noticed Finn's eyes weren't looking too good. We came home and I put some medicine that I had left over in them and by the next morning, they looked healed.

Friday, we headed off in the POURING rain, to Silverdale where we shopped and ate lunch at Red Robin (thanks Clare for the coupons!) as a reward for the boys sleeping in their room all night long! The Boys were on their best behavior and I was really proud of themFriday night, I decided to put meds in Finn's eyes, and it was a struggle. I had to pin him to the floor, put my knees on his elbows and use both hands to open his eyes! Turns out we should have done it a few times on Friday, because by Saturday morning, the pink eye was back.
Saturday was pretty uneventful: cleaned the house, played outside when it wasn't raining and colored our easter eggs. The Easter Bunny came and was very good to the boys (all on sale and I surprised even myself). They were all so happy, I don't think they noticed they didn't get any candy except a choc. bunny. I had to take Finn to the Doctor early, so he could get on antibiotics for a full 24 hours and make it to school tomorrow! When we returned we hunted for easter eggs...and only had hard boiled eggs to search for.After finding them all, the boys all sat on Mimi and Bubba's front porch and ate eggs! Quincy didn't like them much, but Finn and Pax ate at least 2 each. We spent the majority of the day inside playing with our new toys (wii nerf was a big hit, but I probably should have thought about all the shooting before they got it). We had dinner with mim and Bubba later in the day and the boys have gone to bed early! I'm ready for things to return to normal and have a few hours, almost to myself, while Finn and Quincy are in school!

And hopefully, Alvin will return on Wednesday night.

1 comment: