Saturday, January 30, 2010

Where I've been...and where I am going!

I give up trying to catch up. Christmas was good, but couldn't find my camera and so I have no pictures. We went low key and spent less than $100 on each kid (total). Quincy found all the gifts hiding at my moms, so we had to do some swapping around and kept the kids guessing for christmas.

I'm busily preparing for our trip to St. Thomas. My dear friend Amy is getting married and she gave us lots of notice so we could make the trip. We booked the trip in July, but have known since April and I have been counting the days since Chrismas!. And Alvin and I have not had more than one night away together in over 7 years.

We will be staying here and celebrating until the wedding on Wednesday the 10th. Amy is a diver and Bob is a dive instructor and he is going to give us a refresher (it's been 8 years since our honeymoon and the last time we dove) and we are going on at least 6 dives! Hopefully, someone will have an underwater camera and we'll get some good pictures.

It's been almost a year since I saw Amy last, and I am so excited to have some girl time with her. And the temps are supposed to be in the 80...the perfect cure for my winter blahs.

Our kids are staying at my parents, but my mom will be out of town for the first several days...leaving their care to my dad, brother and anyone else who wants to show up and give them a break. And part of the stress I'm feeling is getting them ready (must pack and cook for them this week!) If you are local and want to visit the farm, they'd probably love to see some different faces.

You can expect pictures when I return!

1 comment:

  1. Wonderful!! I'm so excited for you and Alvin. You totally deserve a break. Can't wait to see pictures of a happy and refreshed you!

    ReplyDelete