Sunday, January 10, 2010

Alvin's gone

Alvin has been out of town for almost a week, and since I didn't get around to printing pictures of the boys, I told him I would update the blog everyday and he could look at those pictures. I'll admit, I FAILED!

Where is he? He's remodeling his brothers kitchen in the bay area. But he flew to SLC, where he picked up cabinets, loaded them into a rental truck, and drove to CA. As of now, the old kitchen in out and he is working on the electrical. And he hopes to be home this weekend (Although, I'm planning on later).

Our Christmas was good. I couldn't find my camera, so I have no pictures, until other family members send copies. The boys all got scooters from my parents and they were the big hit. We decided to go really simple and the boys each got a book, a game from mom and dad, a gift from their brothers and a toy from Santa. It's nice because we didn't really have a lot of stuff to haul to and from my parents.

I am glad the holidays are over and I wonder why I look forward to them so much...I stress all the time before, then work my butt off to get to Christmas and work all day Christmas too. Yeah, next year I want a day off!

I'm finding it difficult to blog: maybe it's just the kids ages, that I feel like I have lost myself and am just a mom, or that no one comments and I wonder this is anything more than an online journal. So, if you want me to continue, let me know. Better yet, leave me a comment and ask me to share my opinions on ANYTHING and I will. Want to know something about me...I'll tell you, but you've gotta ask. We'll see how it goes, and if it's inspiring me to write more, the it'll be a success.

9 comments:

  1. I would love a bit of a history post. I only met you a few years ago, so I'd love to know more about your pre-kids life: What did you want to be when you grew up? Where have you lived besides BI? How did you and Alvin meet?

    Pictures to go along with those stories would be great too! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I feel the same way. It has to really be something shocking I feel to get a response. I admit, the only reason I haven't been commenting is my laziness. Mae took all the keys off of my laptop and so it takes a LOOOONG time to type, unless I actually get my a** up and get the keyboard and plug it in and....you see already the hassle. I love your blog and love seeing how you are doing...oh...and love you too!
    Keep it up.

    " We like you...we really really like you"

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is a little sad when only the same people comment all the time, but I sure appreciate it when they do. I printed my blog into a book for the parents as Christmas gifts and that has given me more inspiration to keep blogging even if only a few people read it. I haven't kept up my scrapbook for the last five years, so I feel like blogging and then getting it printed serves that purpose.

    I love reading your blog, too. You have such a down-to-earth attitude. I enjoy hearing about what your boys are doing, what you're cooking, creating, thinking up. Don't stop!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've been so busy lately that I've been a bit of a drive by blogger, reading really quickly but not taking the time to leave comments. I know this is bad (we all love comments) so I've made it a goal to do better this year. Love your blog and love that I found you again through blogging! You can't quit!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh Erika... We love your blog. The girls are always looking for it so they can see pictures of the boys and I check it almost daily just to see what is going on in your life. Please continue for my sake....you know I need something to do at work. LOL.

    Love you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hee hee, I admit I love reading your blog--you're just so funny and it always reminds me of the good ol' days of scrappin' in my basement. Don't stop, we love you!!! :) Oh, and I'd love to hear what the first person asked for. . .it might even be better the second time (or written down)! lol

    ReplyDelete
  7. I agree with Shannon, or with her girls anyway. I love your blog because it is how I get to see your boys growing and changing. Unlike others I am less apt to comment because I am sure I bore you to death.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Like I told you on the phone, I know you pretty well, but I won't pretend I know you extremely well. There is always something new to learn from you! So, that said, I also enjoy seeing your boys growing up and laughing along with all your adventures.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I have checked several times to see if you have posted...I never check my google reader, I just go to your blog page. I have missed you! I'm so sorry that Alvin is still gone. You must be totally exhausted and beyond! Call a few friends that live close and have a big playdate so that you can talk to adults, that always helps me.

    Have you told about how you and Alvin met? How about a post about different jobs you have had. Or the reason you moved back to Bainbridge after so many years in Utah. (We MISS you btw! I'm so sad our boys can't play together.) Or how about blogging about foods or crafts that you'd like to make.

    Hang in there momma!

    ReplyDelete