Saturday, October 17, 2009

Our Pumpkins

A few weeks ago, we took our pumpkins in to be weighed. Paxtons weighed 40 pounds, Finn's was 45 pounds and Quincy's was 22 pounds. They aren't record breaking, really, but we are certainly proud of them...and will be carving them right before Halloween.Here's a few other pictures I found on the camera:


We got a new couch and I have yet to take pictures of it, because the ottoman needs to be recovered. I might move it out of the way and take pictures later. We are loving it because there is enough space for all of us to watch tv, and we can even all lay down on it.
Last Sunday, we tried a recipe in the crockpot that Kim recommended. I used it as an opportunity for Finn to make dinner. He loved being allowed to use the sharp knives and taking credit for making dinner.

Last week was beautiful here, this week's been rainy. Here's Paxton sitting in the sun, reading aloud one of his favorite books...the Big Red Strawberry. The other boys were off playing, and he looked so cute amusing himself.






6 comments:

  1. As always, cute. Those are monster punkins!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great pumpkins! You grew them, right? The last time we tried we got ONE, about the size of a softball.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those pumpkins are huge! Can't wait to see pictures of you guys gutting them!

    ReplyDelete
  4. YOU WON THE BAG OF HERSHEY'S KISSES WITH MACADAMIA NUTS!! I WILL MAIL THEM OUT THIS WEEK WITH A NOTE STATING THAT ANYONE BUT YOU EATING THEM IS A FEDERAL OFFENSE. LOVE YA!

    ReplyDelete
  5. By the way, that means you get two bags, cos I was going to send you one with your pay it forward since the PIF I made you is so teenie I feel guilty . . . I'm throwing some other stuff in the box, too. If you email me you can make a request of something you know. Like, if you want to try the Honolulu cookie company shortbread cookies or something. I'll probably go to the post office end of the week. Please email me confirming you got this. If I don't hear via email by Thursday, I'll try to ring you up and get some answers. Hugs, Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow you guys have skills! Awesome pumpkins!

    ReplyDelete