Thursday, September 24, 2009

Way Back When...


Jeanette, a roommate from my sophmore year at Ricks (yes, I went there...and if you don't know what it is, don't worry), posted these pictures today (1989) and a little blurb about the trouble we got into. Got me thinking about who I was back then.
Not one to talk about weight, this is hard...I've always seen myself as the "FAT GIRL" and looking at myself, I can see that wasn't always the case. I recall one guy, who I liked, asking an aquaintance if I was the one with child bearing hips (I'd like to introduce him to my OB...he told me there was a slim change I could deliver vaginally...and he was right). I had friends who would tell me that I wasn't as thin as they were. I had huge boobs and was ashamed of them and maybe it was easier to feel fat than well endowed.
My friend, now, always tells me not to think FAT...think Thin, maybe she has a point. I'm going to try to change that thinking from 25 years ago.

3 comments:

  1. So what is the story behind that top picture?? Some sort of Celestial Shower or something? :-)

    And I think I had that exact same couch in one of my apartments. They must have had them in bulk at Deseret Industries.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You were always beautiful and so dang funny! Do you still have the finger "key holder" (wink-wink).

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'd forgotten about the finger key holder...don't know what happened to it.

    Brooke, my guess is we did some sort of hair coloring...And those couches were not as bad as some, but they were pretty bad.

    ReplyDelete