Saturday, September 26, 2009

I have arrived!

Looks like I am finally a member of "that" club. Translation: you are the meanest mom on earth

Finn was sent to his room and asked to clean it. He didn't want to and after much shouting at me, I locked his door (from the outside). I went in a few minutes later, to find him trying to get out the window (it's only about 7 feet off the ground). He was told that if he climber out the window, he could stay outside until he wanted to clean his room, but wouldn't be allowed in for anything else. I also told him that he couldn't play Wii with friends tonight. Then I left and closed the door. A few minutes later, this was pushed out under the door.

5 comments:

  1. LOL! Isn't it wonderful when they learn to read and write! I've been in the meanest mom club for a while now, glad to see we have more company!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Reminds me of the first time my kids yelled "I hate you!" at me. Uff. It hurts, but it's also amusing. Hang in there and stay tough. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Erika - I got the same letter this week . . . then he wanted to talk and I just ignored him. He said, "mom, why are you ignoring me?" I said . . . 'well, why would I want to talk to someone who thinks I'm the meanest person in the whole world?' He went downstairs and wrote a new letter "I loov my mom" Then mean mom club stinks - Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats! It's a strange feeling when you don't know whether to be hurt or proud that they are writing. I have a small stack of very similar letters. I keep them with the much larger stack of "I luv u" notes my kids have written.

    ReplyDelete