Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Glass Beach Sea Adventure

We wanted to hit glass beach again before school started, but couldn't do it with the kids (again). My friend, Jen got the idea that we could take a boat there and made arrangements for it to happen. Her husband Brig took on the role as Captain and ferries us out to Glass Beach in 2 trips. The tide was coming in and the water was rough: all of us were soaked by the time we made it to shore.

The waves were rough and Capt. Brig had to stay with the boat the entire time. We collected beach glass for a few hours and headed back. Not as much fun when you are wet. Paxton proved to be quite a treasure hunter and found more than I did. We headed back, this time all in one boat load (did you see the boat?). As we headed back, I kept thinking, "just sit right back and you'll hear a tale, a take of a fateful trip" and wondered if I was Marianne, Ginger or the Millionaires wife.

This time the ride was less rough, and Paxton fell asleep.

Here's our booty. It was an adventure, however, I think I will hike out the next time...might be an excuse to leave the kids at home or take friends out for the day.

2 comments:

  1. The same song would have been tearing through my mind as I laughed out loud in my nervousness! At least you can swim, yeah?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute photos and story! If you want, submit a little story and photo to OdysseySeaGlass.com/sea-glass-story.html and get a nice link back to your site.

    ReplyDelete