Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Salt Lake Layover

When I arrived at the Reno Airport, I was told that my flight from Salt lake City to Seattle had been cancelled. I could stay in Reno and head out in the morning at 7:00am, or continue on to SLC, spend the night there, and fly home at 9:40am first class. Of course I picked the latter. I was able to fly home with a sister in law, and pick up the 4 pounds of Chocolate covered cinnamon bears her husband was bringing me.

When I got the news, I called my friend Shannon and asked her if she wanted to go swimming...something we used to do together. I called Chris and invited him. We all met up about 9pm, had my favorite dinner from Cafe Rio and hit the pool.
We swam until 11:30, went back to my hotel room and I didn't make it to bed until after 12:30. (that's Shannons daughter Tanner and Chris and I.)

I am so lucky to have such great friends who will come to see me, even when it's late and we all had to be up early the next morning.



No comments:

Post a Comment