Friday, July 3, 2009

"Mommy, I'm good at climbing trees!"

Quincy announces proudly. And technically, he is good at climbing trees. It's getting down that has him stumped. The pictures don't show it well, but he was at least 10 feet up on branches that wouldn't support a 30 pound kid (he isn't there yet). Ten feet not be much of a problem for a 7 foot tall man with a 3 foot reach, but I am only a little over 5 feet. Fortunately, Alvin was home and dressed (I wasn't..thank goodness we don't have neighbors) and was able to climb up a few feet to get him down.

How long do I have to leave him up there to get him to stop climbing? Oh, and I had just sent him outside 2 minutes earlier.


5 comments:

  1. To say you both have your hands full is an understatement. And, it's always going to happen when you aren't dressed yet. Yikes! You have such cute stinkers, though!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would've liked to see a pic of Alvin climbing the tree! :) That is too funny!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, what a little monkey you have. My sister's twin boys were the same way. They could, and did, climb everything. Good luck.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wowie - he's fast! So glad you got a pic of this. I don't think that climbing thing goes away. Luckily for me Jacob isn't a climber, he's just a sasser. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is classic! Love it...perhaps, he should never leave the house without a helmet?

    ReplyDelete