Tuesday, April 21, 2009

What I could be doing today....

...if I didn't have kids to drag into the grocery store, if it weren't so nice outside and I didn't have chores both indoor and outdoor, would be making these. You see it's still gorgeous outside, looking to be 70 degrees again. And it is supposed to rain tomorrow. The boys are playing well together outside and while I am waiting for the dew to dry, I came across this recipe.

My "kids pasture" is the only thing left to mow and I just don't want to do it. I mowed the entire front lawn yesterday with the riding lawn mower and have spent 2 days hauling branches to the pile that needs to be "chipped" and my house is suffering. Oh, I cleaned on Sunday, like I normally do, but because of all the outdoor stuff, the floor needs to be vacuumed or mopped, the bathroom cleaned again...and it's only Tuesday.

No worries. I am going to the grocery store this afternoon and then headed to the beach. Paxton will throw rocks for hours, Quincy will play in the sand and Finn will be wet from the minute we get there, but...the majority of that mess stays there.

And tomorrow when it rains, I will have time to clean (I don't do it at night when the kids are in bed), bake bread and read. And if my family is really lucky, I'll make those cookies for them.

3 comments:

  1. It rained like mad last night, but the sun is out and it almost got to 70 today. It's so nice after such a long, gray winter. Pretty soon, I just may say "I'm sick of the beach" but for now, I'm going to say I'm looking forward to it. I really am! Got R a bathing suit today. She's getting ready. I have two suits - and a wrap. After I drop 30 pounds I won't wear the wrap. :) Those cookies look delish! I hope the boys are lucky in that case. Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow those look delicious! hmm I better get some lunch in me before I do something drastic

    ReplyDelete