Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Sick Day(s)

Yeah, you know Life isn't fair, but it is even less fair when you have a twin brother. When you are sick you and you just want mom to hold you all day, she can't do that. Maybe I should look at it the other way...when your twin is sick, mom can't do things with you. Well, Paxton was content to lounge on the changing table today to get away from the chaos surrounding him.

Just as I feel better, the rest of the clan gets sick (except Finn, but I don't think he will admit it because he desperately wants to go to school tomorrow, and Quincy just has a runny nose). After a very long night for me last night, we had a very mellow day today. At 10:30 last night, Paxton woke up crying with diahrrea, once that was cleaned up (bath), the vomit started. Since Alvin wasn't feeling well, I blew up the air mattress on the living room floor and slept with P there. He was restles all night, and we had to do a few diaper changes in the middle of the night.
Q and F woke up thrilled to see the air mattress and then the jumping began. I've been meaning to not let the boys watch tv when they wake up early and since I was awake, we kept the tv off. It was probably a little loud for the downstairs neighbors, but the boys were happy. Alvin stayed home again today, and allowed me to take a nap, or else I would not have survived the day.
Yesterday, we had Jen and her kids over to play and enjoy the sunshine. I made pizza dough and had the kids make their own pizzas for lunch and dessert was cupcakes filled with whipped cream (I figured out how to do it on the first try).This weekend, Alvin, Paxton and Quincy got hair cuts. Quincy came last, and I was feeling confident...oops. That kid has cowlicks and I just kept cutting to get it straight. Hopefully you won't be able to tell in a few weeks.
Lastly, I made dinner in the crock pot tonight...chicken in a soy pineapple garlic sauce. Sauce was good, but chicken was DRY DRY DRY. Why? Anyone know? It only cooked from 2:30 to 6 and breasts were frozen when I put them in. Help. I want to use my crock pot more.

1 comment:

  1. Add a can of cream soda or coke. It will be so moist and delicious. Try barbecue sauce with it as well. The boys look so cute with their new hair cuts. They actually look like twins in that last photo!

    ReplyDelete