Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Finn's Birthday

I didn't get a chance to upload photos of Finn's birthday right away, but better late than never.
We went easy on gifts this year and Finn got a few legos (A new favorite), a desk (to build legos on and do homework) and a second hand leap pad.
Grandma sent Finn a new sweat outfit...it's a good thing grandma buys the kids sweats, because I never do and Finn loves them.

I volunteered at Finn's classroom and helped out the substitute teacher...hey, she can use all the help she can get, there are 14 boys in that class. Since they had Friday (and Monday and Tuesday) off, they celebrated valentines with a little party. We brought valentines heart cookies and number 6 cookies for all the kids. It was fun to see Finn interact with his friends and see how they learn...I need to do it more often.

We celebrated at home with a buttermilk vanilla cake with caramel frosting. Don't ask for the recipe. I overcooked the cake and the frosting made the whole thing taste like a maple bar. Finn loved it though.

I can hardly believe that it has been 6 years. Finn is a good kid, smart, cute and fun loving. He was only 6 pounds 6 ounces at birth and for a long time he was small for his age, but he seems to have caught up.

His birthday party is Friday and we are going to launch a bunch of different kinds of rockets with 6 of his friends. I wasn't going to do a party again this year, but since we asked his friends at the last party not to bring gifts, we felt like he needed a little party. Can you please remind me next year that he doesn't need a party.

1 comment:

  1. I think you're in for it, like I am! I ended up giving in and letting them each have a party every year. It is crazy, but fun. We stay low key, running around in the yard, cake & ice cream, that kind of thing. Happy Birthday Finn!

    ReplyDelete