Thursday, January 22, 2009

Sleep is a wonderful thing.

Growing up, whenever we tried to sleep in, my dad would say "people die in their sleep." I say, that would be blissful.

I hope my last posts weren't looking like I was digging for compliments, because that wasn't my intent...although I do appreciate kind remarks. I really dislike when people do that: put themselves down in order to get kind words...what is the word for that?

Last night, I got 7 hours of uninterrupted sleep. 7 HOURS!!!! I actually woke before the kids, to go to the bathroom, and went back to sleep. Quincy was pretty grumpy this morning, but I was in a great mood. We got Finn on the bus and went for our walk...didn't even bother me when Paxton started screaming. We walked about 2 miles total and both boys had a little nap in the stroller. I loaded them in the car when we returned and went to the hardware store (I usually avoid taking them into stores). I feel like I have accomplished things and it's only 11:30. No napping for me today, I might get the vaccuming done, some laundry folded or maybe just play with Finn during nap time.

Yes, it's AMAZING what good sleep can do.

4 comments:

  1. I know you weren't fishing for compliments I just wanted yo to know what I think & that I feel your pain :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm not sure why I'm having to select a profile to leave a comment....the above one is from me....Jen M

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats! It is amazing how your whole outlook on life can change when you get some sleep.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I will agree with you that sleep is a wonderful thing. I don't have any kids, but I sometimes don't get enough sleep. My dog can be a kid sometimes... he just doesn't back talk.. but if you really watch him, he does.!! :) I am glad you got some sleep.

    ReplyDelete