Wednesday, January 14, 2009

I hate vomit

Last night I was late getting into bed, had just fallen into a deep sleep when the screaming started. I met the screamer in the kitchen, picked him up and carried the now sleeping child back to his bad. 30 minutes later, I hear the sound of footsteps coming through the kitchen and prepared myself to do the same...and frankly, I would have preferred to do the same.

Yesterday when Finn came home from school, he looked tired, and should have been because he was up early yesterday morning. After a bite of lunch, he just wanted to cuddle with me, so I plugged in my Ipod and let him watch tv. Cuddle time ended when Quincy woke up, but Finn chose to lay on the couch under a pile of blankets, because he was cold. He watched tv, but fell asleep. Yep, fever. Gave him some Ibuprophen and by bedtime he was his usual self, until 12:12am.

A wise woman told me last year that she made a deal with her husband when they were a young family: he wouldn't have to change any poopie diapers and she wouldn't clean up vomit. I mentioned this to Alvin this morning, and he replied that he'd rather do the diapers, which explains why he left me on my own last night.

Interestingly, the screamer slept through the clean up which was just a foot away from his head, and yet woke up at 6:00am and threw a tantrum, because we wouldn't let him watch tv in the living room (sicko was sleeping there). I dozed on and off until 8, but I am still tired.

FYI, another shout out for the home made cleaner (which uses neither bleach or ammonia)...it quickly smelled better than the vomit.

And of course, Finn was really upset that I wouldn't let him go to school today.

3 comments:

  1. My kids - all 4 of them - don't vomit (knock on wood). I think they may have done it once or twice, but not nearly enough to compensate for the VOLUMES that they have pooped.

    I agree, though. Cleaning up vomit is WAY worse than poop, which at least is sort of contained, and usually doesn't happen in the middle of the night.

    Hope Finn is feeling better and (more importantly) no one else gets it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ugh! I'm so sorry. Vomit in the middle of the night is the worst. I get stuck with the clean up, too. Brad claims seeing vomit will make him vomit. I've never actually seen this happen, but he's come pretty close, so I'd rather just deal with it than have two messes to clean up.

    What's the homemade cleaner you mentioned?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, and thanks for the tips about the bread. We devoured one loaf yesterday, but I put the other in a ziplock bag, so hopefully it will stay fresh for a few days. I really like the taste and texture.

    ReplyDelete