Tuesday, January 6, 2009

All dressed and it's too early to go out!

I haven't written much on here lately because I was overwhelmed with "stuff." On Sunday, there were tears and Alvin and I agreed to set a schedule and stick to it (trial basis for 2 months). The schedule says I have to be in the shower at 7:30, have breakfast at 8, Alvin leaves at 8:30 and we leave for the bus at 9:05. So all that is done (Alvin left early today) and I still have 30 minutes before shoes on time.


No, this isn't a New Years resolution...I don't believe in them, but hopefully this is a life change. It's something to help cope with these boys and get Alvin home at 5:30 so I don't have to cook dinner like this...as I did last night.


Did you know we had more snow! I thought I left snow behind in Utah, but it seems to have caught up with me. The December snow was almost gone: there were still small traces of it in the shade, and Sunday night I was caught by surprise with more snow. Oh, no way, they weren't going to call off school on the first day back after Christmas break, but they did schedule it 2 hours late, which means if you go to school for 2 1/2 hours in the morning, you don't go to school....and Finn was home yesterday. Remember, that snow cancelled school for 2 days prior to vacation too (and a 2 hour delay that same week).
But, before the snow, I started making bread...a "Christmas gift" for Finn's teacher and the power went out while it was baking. Yes, apparently all the snow last month weakened the trees and this recent heavy snow made the fall. We were only with out power for 6 hours, and survived it all fairly easily (thanks to the flashlights Finn gave his brothers--because I had put away all the other flashlights earlier that day), but now I have to make more bread today so Finn can take it to his teached tomorrow.
Rain is in the forecast for today...that should take care of the snow, since they are calling for lots of it. Well, at least we can have school in the rain.

2 comments:

  1. I used to hate school cancelation due to snow - the cancel quick in MD as they do on the Island, 'cos it's not typical enough? Anyway, I hope the rain washes it all away!!

    In the mean time, I'm huggin' ya!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, showered by 7:30 am? I'm impressed! It's almost 1:00 and I haven't made it to the shower yet. Some days I feel like it's just a waste of time...I'm not going anywhere, just home cleaning the house, doing laundry, cooking, etc. why bother?

    ReplyDelete