Saturday, December 20, 2008

Storm is coming...they say

Once again, we are bracing for a storm. Since it's below freezing and we already have snow, more snow and wind are just going to create havoc (if it comes). Alvin ran errands: got propane for the barbeque, gasses up the cars, got some canned processed foods, and some cold medicine for our sick kids and said the stores are crowded with people in panic mode.

I don't feel panicky, for the record. I have the house almost clean, and have done 3 loads of laundry already, and am now making bread. I think I am going to blow up the air mattress, in case we decide to sleep all in the same room.

And we have sick kids. Finn and Paxton have a cough and Quincy...don't know what's wrong with him, but he came to our bed at 11:00 last night and proceeded to throm up in it and on both Alvin and I. (TMI? It splashed into my mouth---gross) I'm just glad that I was able to wash up.

Wish me luck...luck that I stay sane. And that the power will be out long enough to fold the 7 loads of Laundry piled on my bedrrom floor.

3 comments:

  1. I wish you all you wish for and more, darling. I feel so much for you!! Take it easy. I'm glad you are not panicked. Stay sane, dear.

    ReplyDelete
  2. May the power stay on & the kids feel better & you + Alvin stay sane.

    Happy Winter Solstice.
    The days will be longer starting Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hear ya on the laundry! I've done 5 loads already today, and I'm still going! Hope you don't have to fold by candle light! Good luck - - We'll be praying it passes soon!

    ReplyDelete