Sunday, December 21, 2008

7 inches and counting!

Okay, you know it snowed but this is amazing for where we live. We were headed out to go "sledding" (We have this little baby sled, but the kids don't mind) and my parents came over. By the time I got all the kids dressed and ready to go out, I was sweating. Instead of sledding, I pulled out some plastic bins and we made an igloo.





It took a little over an hour to build and as you can see , it fits people. We had 3 adults and 3 kids in it, but my butt was chilly. My dad used to be scout master, and they would go out and build igloos for camping in, and he said that he thought this was easier and faster.
I was trying to recall when we have ever had this much snow, and I don't think I can. I remember in jr high, or high school, Sarah came over and we went out in my parents pasture on the neighbors snow mobile. Both of us had on sweat pants and when covered with snow, they were slick on that vinyl seat...when we went over a bump, we both slid off the back. Wish we had a snow mobile today.



7 comments:

  1. The igloo is awesome! What a fun & great idea.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very impressive! I've got to show my kids. They're out having a huge snowball fight and made "forts" to hide behind, but nothing like your castle!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So awesome! We'll have to try it out while we are here. I cannot believe how much snow is on the Island. Global warming baby.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That looks like so much fun! What a fun mom you are!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You rule! Your igloo is so cool. That's great that your parents came over to play in the snow with ya'll! Your boys will probably always remember doing that with you. I remember building snow forts in Germany and I was only 3. I hope the power stays on for you to warm up from playing in the snow!

    ReplyDelete
  6. My whole family is so jealous of your igloo! Maybe we'll attempt one tomorrow. ANYTHING to keep the kids occupied . . .

    ReplyDelete
  7. AWESOME! See? Scouting is great! I remember that snow mobile "accident" very well - that shite was awesome! We knew how to have fun. :-)

    ReplyDelete