Wednesday, November 19, 2008

What my kids are eating

I'm in a meal rut. I am trying to accomplish a ton of things and still make foods the kids will eat and it isn't working too well.

One of the things I am working on is a recipe book for my family christmas gifts. It's a collection of Holiday dishes and foods that we grew up eating (comfort food). I wanted to include my grandparents recipes, and the only one I could think of that my grandma made was what we called "grandma's crackers".

I decided to make them yesterday and they were a huge hit (were, because they are almost gone). I let Quincy taste them before I cooked them and he stood at the over yelling "more," "Open" and "please" for 20 minutes. Don't believe me, ask Trish and Jen who talked to me on the phone during the cooking.

You should try them. They are full of salt and oil, but delicious!

Grandmas crackers.
2 bags oyster crackers
1 cup butter flavored popcorn oil (the yellow orville reddinbacher kind)
one package dry ranch mix
1 Teaspoon dill
1/2 teaspoon garlic powder

Toss everything in a large bowl, coating evenly. Pour only a large baking sheet and bake at 275 degrees for 20 minutes, stirring every 5 minutes.
So good Paxton shared his crumbs with his horse.



Now Paxton and Quincy are fighting over the stool they dragged into the kitchen to get more...It's like crack.

No comments:

Post a Comment