Monday, November 24, 2008

Thanksgiving Dinner

Jen wants to know what I am making for Thanksgiving dinner...so I will share. Since we are having dinner at my parents with a group of people, its going to be potluck. I am bringing bacon wrapped dates, buttermilk apple cake, grandmas crackers (but made with chex cereal, because my kids like it better) and everyones favorite, GREEN BEAN CASSEROLE. No, I don't make the fried onion, cream of mushroom soup variety. Mine is better, and everyone who tries it, loves it. What's not to love.

Here's my recipe:

1/3 chopped onion
2 Tablespoons flour
1/4 teaspoon pepper
2 cups green beans
3 strips cooked bacon
2 Tablespoons butter
1 teaspoon salt
1 cup sour cream
2/3 cup grated swiss cheese

Simmer onion and butter until translucent. Add green beans and stir until hot. Add salt, pepper and flour and cook a minute or two. Remove from heat, stir in sour cream. Put into greased casserole dish and top with cheese and crumbled bacon. Bake 350 until bubbly and cheese is melted (20 minutes?)

You're going to try it, aren't you? Let me know what you think.

3 comments:

  1. Thank you for sharing :) I have to show Jr. this recipe I think he will like it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't even like green beans but I think I'll have to try it. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Erika,

    I'm trying to get into this blogging thing. Glad you found me. Keep in touch. Your boys are darling. Kelly

    ReplyDelete