Thursday, November 27, 2008

Happy Thanksgiving

Just cut Alvins hair, Paxton is sleeping, just pulled my apple buttermilk cake out of the oven. The house smells fantastic, Quincy is being being quiet and I just have to shower and we will be ready to go to my parents.

My uncle and his wife and son (age 3) came over for coffee this morning: was nice to have some "quiet time" with just them, with out the whole crowd. The boys played so well together this morning and they really enjoyed their aunt and uncle.

I am feeling thankful for many things today. Despite a headache that has been raging for days, I am grateful my family is all in good health. I am grateful to have food, and good food. I am grateful my husband has had steady work, even though I feel we are poor. I am thankful gas is under $2 a gallon. And I am really grateful for my boys...they are what makes me the happiest.

Also, I have really great friends. Friends who give me advice, listen to me complain and don't mind the noise, mess and grief my kids cause.

2 comments:

  1. Hope you didn't get a belly ache from all that delish food. Happy Thanksgiving!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like you had a great Thanksgiving. We do have a lot to be thankful for, don't we? I still find myself driving around the island sometimes thinking "I can't believe I actually live here!" It's such wonderful place and just one of the many blessings in my life.

    ReplyDelete