Thursday, October 9, 2008

All Aboard!

Yesterday, Quincy started saying something new, "all aboard." I don't know where he learned this (probably TV, which now you all know I let them watch), but he uses it like you or I might say Watch me. He has started talking so much lately, probably more since they've started watching tv (don't tell the experts) and it is so fun to see them finally communicate.

Paxton woke up grumpy today...didn't help that I did too. After hours of grumpiness and a lot of crying, I discovered the problem...a molar trying to come in. This is the last one for a while, and it is making a grand entrance: his gum is swollen and bruised. I believe in motrin, but coupled it with camomile, just to help settle him down faster. And he just woke up from a 3 hour nap.

I was in bed last night, early for me, but Alvin was having computer problems with his work computer that is in our room and was dealing with it until 2:30am. I slept as best as I could with the lights on and the swearing that happened each time he got disconnected with the person he was talking to in India. I broke down and called for help today. We need that computer to do our taxes, due Wednesday. I'd really like to consider buying a new computer, but doing that would involve upgrading all our software, and more expense for a computer that is only used to download books onto alvin's ipod and do our business accounting. It's frustrating and I am tired and not able to make decisions rationally when I am tired.

Off for my flu shot and knitting help. I made bread pudding last night out of this months Everyday food mag; it was good warm, but the rum had an overpowering flavor and the caramel was burnt tasting. The kids loved it for breakfast.

1 comment:

  1. I can just imagine him saying "All Aboard" that made me laugh out loud that he uses it instead of "watch me". Too cute.

    That really stinks about your computer. Dangit anyway.

    ReplyDelete