Saturday, July 12, 2008



Yesterday was perfect! (Reality check: I have 3 kids and 2 that don't talk. There were tantrums. There was food throwing. The hour while I was making dinner was complete chaos. But there was a great part of the day that was perfect) I hope to have a lot more like that in the coming month. I went to the beach with a friend and her kids. This friend seems to adore my little ones, and didn't mind when they threw sand at her or sprayed her with water and her kids are old enough to help with mine and play with Finn. We spent over 2 hours just hanging out on the beach while the kids played in the water and sand. The weather wasn't too hot, or too cool and there weren't too many people about. And the view was fantastic, as you can see from the pictures.

Today is exactly the opposite: I am feeling very anxious, and not in a good way. Alvin is leaving tomorrow and won't be returning until mid August. He is going to remodel a house for his brother in California. His original plan was to have us all go with him, but I wouldn't agree to it. We did that when we just had Finn and it worked out great, but now the kids outnumber me and a house completely under construction is not the place for 2 kids under 2 years old. So, he chose to go alone to do the job. For those of you who know Alvin and his work, you also know that he underestimates his time and I know that a month could turn into 2, or possibly 3. He's a perfectionist, not that he is lazy, but things take longer to get perfect.

So I am just feeling overwhelmed. Yes, I do have family near that can help, when I ask, but it isn't the same as expecting your husband to watch the kids while I make dinner. And who is going to unload the dishwasher and take the trash out on garbage day. And is it going to be a month before I can spend 30 minutes in the shower just to escape? On the bright side, I have the whole bed to myself, can go to sleep with out the tv on, and don't have to do his laundry.

So, I may be posting more pictures, maybe even daily. Just in case Alvin can get to a computer (he won't be taking one with him) and wants to see his kids.

1 comment:

  1. Argh! I get a little frenzied when Shane works overnight sometimes and isn't here to help with Jacob for one or two days! I can't imagine a whole month - or MORE!!! Good luck!

    The beach pictures are adorable.

    ReplyDelete