Sunday, June 29, 2008

Ahh, the heat is killing me!


Okay, I admit it. I complain all winter long about the cold weather and now it's finally summer and I complain about the heat. It reached 90 degrees here today and after several days of heat, our house is as hot as it is outside. I try to keep fans going, which is a chore when the boys are awake. Just realized that this house has no attic vent fan, so we are going to try to put one in and see if it can control the heat a bit.

So today Alvin suggested we go to the beach, but I figured it would be too crowded, so we "settled "for a walk in the woods. It was a fantastic idea and cooler than in the house. Finn brought his bike, but the trail was a little challenging for a beginning bike rider. He rode the majority of the way with out incident. Paxton ran most of the time and Quincy rode on our shoulders about 3/4 of our 4 mile walk. I am feeling like tonight we might sleep well, despite the heat.

I'm attaching the picture we took, close to the beginning. By the time we got home, we were all in need of a bath. I wish we could do more things like that together. I feel like I spend too much time at home and Alvin comes home and wants to stay home. Getting away is good for his allergies.

2 comments:

  1. The humidity is rising here, in MD, now. My sister and Hannah are coming out in nine days. Oy, it's going to be HOT, I think. I don't mind the heat, it's the humidity that gets to me.

    I'm glad you're blogging. It's fun and your site looks good. Are you going to the reunion???

    Love ya,
    Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was laughing when I read 90 degrees not that I underestimate you PNWesterners- not fragile at all! I thought you must have been in the tropics because of the beautiful photo! :) Your boys look so much like your childhood photos and like Jacob and Jared! Jeesh CUTE! Love the BLOG idea-
    thanks for sharing!
    squeeze,
    Blithe

    ReplyDelete